Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cabin Fever

If I had to describe my attitude in one phrase, it would be ''cabin fever''.  It has been so cold here lately, that going out, even to play in the back yard, is heavily debated, thought through, and deemed a bad idea.  I'm not sure that the temperatures have broken 25 in the last two weeks and the roof tops and lawns of the neighborhood are covered in a perpetual layer of frost.  We are confused since the sun is brightly shining, and the wind is not blowing.  It seems like it would be really nice outside.  But as soon as you open the door there is a blast of frigid air to greet you.

My son is going nuts.  Into everything.  Undoing everything.  Terrorizing the cats.  The only saving grace is he has his new Christmas toys to distract him, for about 15 minutes.  We've watched a lot of movies, which I hesitate to do lest he turn into a couch potato, but it's the only activity that we can do where he isn't getting into trouble every two minutes.

I've started about half a dozen ''home'' projects.  Cleaning out closets, cabinets, drawers.  Purging things that are too old and out-of-date to use.  But I am making little progress on those projects (see above statement about rascally toddler), so the house resembles more of a frat house than anything else.

As you can probably imagine, my crafting and cooking has suffered greatly.  The knitting sits in it's basket untouched and dinner has been reduced to McDonalds drive though and frozen or boxed meals.  I am hoping for the change to snap and for me to get my motivation and energy back.  Or at least for it to warm up enough that my son can spend half an hour outside running his little heart out.

Next time, I will share some of the little Christmas gifts I made.  It hasn't been a totally barren craft-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment