Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Back in the Saddle

I know, I know, it's been a while. But please believe me when I say that I've thought of you often. And to boot, I've been really busy. So, as you know, my son turned two last week. To be expected the week was filled with celebration, eating, and family. Phew, what a week.
So I've made another decision about my cooking though Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats. It is now too hot to be eating soups and casseroles (although there probably will be some randomly thrown in there) but perfect weather for the more grill-friendly recipes. So, over the next couple of days I will go through and sort through the recipes, and find the weather friendly ones.

In the mean time, I will give you this... Lemon and Artichoke Risotto with Shrimp (314). I can honestly say that I have never eaten, made, or wanted risotto before. I've always heard that it is a complicated, time consuming process. But really, it wasn't all that bad. It did take some constant stirring, but the ''labor'' was worth it. The risotto was really well balanced, between the tangy lemon, creamy rice, and sweet peas. I'm looking forward to trying another risotto.
Happy eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment