Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Hello and welcome back after a most enjoyable holiday weekend. I hope that you had a wonderful time doing whatever it is you did. Every Memorial Weekend, for the last thirteen years, my family and four other families make our way down the Oregon Coast for three relaxing days filled with absolutely nothing! Except for sand castle building, ocean exploring, aquarium visiting, shopping, and of course eating! What a great way to recharge the batteries!

We're home again, and that means that I am back to cooking my way through Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook. The recipe that I'm going to tell you about today was number 294, (Chicken #14753) Deviled Divan. We had this before we left on vacation, and was a great quick and inexpensive meal (I had everything needed for this in the pantry and freezer!). You bake up the chicken (with lemon and thyme), add some mustard sauce and cooked broccoli, top it with cheese and pop it under the broiler to melt together. The 'deviled' part is some hot sauce added to the mustard sauce to give it a kick (next time I'll add a bit more, because it was completely lost in the final product). It was fast, easy and delicious- what more could you ask for the night before leaving on vacation?

Sorry the picture isn't the greatest, we were so excited to be eating, that I forgot to take the picture before diving in!

I should get at least three more cooking nights in this week, so come back and see what's in store! Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment