Thursday, June 23, 2011

Indulgences

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Yesterday I had a major craving for a latte, and denied myself the indulgence.  Don't ask why, I'm not sure really either.  A friend told me that coffee prevents people from killing other people, and that I should get one before someone got hurt, but I just didn't do it.  I think it was because it was the first 90+ degree day and I didn't really want to leave the house to go get a hot coffee. 

Anyway, my resolve was not nearly as strong today.  The kiddo and I headed out early this morning.  Early enough to beat the heat and get a breakfast of hotcakes and sausage at a favorite fast-food joint.  And there I gave into the craving.  Granted it was far from gourmet, but it certainly did hit the spot.  And that means that the general population should be safe for another day.


I am also resisting the urge to cast-on these socks.  I love everything about them (so far- as I can only see them in pieces).  The picot edge, the anklet length, the heel, even the patterning.  I think it will be my next project, as I have a test knit that I need to be focusing on currently.  I definitely have a case of the starts, and that is an indulgence that is hard to ignore!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment