Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pesto Stuffed Shells

Here's to another week of Meatless Mondays!  I'm sorry I missed last week.  Time has a way of slipping away from me.  So, I'll just pick up where I left off rather than back tracking~

Breakfast:
Peanut butter and banana sandwiches
Just like it sounds- whole wheat bread, a dollop of peanut butter topped with sliced banana. My favorite!

Lunch:
Black bean nachos
Pour one can of black beans (drained and rinsed) into a small sauce pan with 1/4 cup salsa and two tablespoons of water.  Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until beans are heated through.  If desired, you can mash the beans with a fork or a potato masher to get a creamier texture (they'll start to resemble re-fried beans).  Top tortilla chips with shredded cheddar cheese and warm in the microwave for 20-30 seconds or until cheese starts to melt.  Top with bean mixture, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, and a dollop of sour cream.
 
Dinner:
Pesto Stuffed Shells, Green salad , and Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread
Pesto Stuffed Shells by Budget Bytes!



I have to admit, this meal was a lot of work, but it did come together rather quickly.  The pesto really flavored the filling well and the meal was well liked by all.  I think that the filling itself would be really fantastic in lasagna (thinking that's going to have to happen), and I'm starting to think that pesto makes everything better.  I doubled the recipe to feed 6 and ended up with two lunch portions left over and a ton of empty shells (which I chopped up and will make into a pasta bake). 

Hope you give these recipes a try~ enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment