Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Confessions

So I have a confession to make. I made this realization this morning while thinking about this blog and, and trust me it was a no brainer.

I got bored. I got bored making Rachel Ray's recipes all the time. Sure they were tasty, but for the most part they were all very similar. Same type of ingredients, same type of prep, and in a lot of cases, same flavors. Add to that the fact that the recipes always made huge amounts of food. Much more than a family of two and a half would eat. And we've been trying to go on a ''food spending diet'' as well as trying to eat healthier. It's just not working out. Sorry Rachel, I'd like to see other chefs but I still wanna be friends.

So I have come up with a couple of solutions. I'd still like to pursue cooking through 365: No Repeats, but I'd also like to try some different things. I have a couple of cookbooks designed for one or two serving meals, as well as one with over 100 different things to do with chicken (which is perfect for our family, we LOVE chicken). So I'm thinking three or four nights will be dedicated to these ventures (one per the three nights). I'm pretty sure I could swing that, and still remain sane.

I hope you'll forgive me, but a girl's gotta have some variety in her life!


Wine's always good after a tough break up.

1 comment:

  1. Cheers! Thanks for being so patient with me :-) xx M

    ReplyDelete