Monday, February 6, 2012

Meatless Monday

It seems like everywhere I look this new year, someone's talking about "Meatless Mondays". 
So I figured this was a band wagon I should hop on.  It's really more of an experiment, as my family is definatly made up of carnivores. 

My favorite dino from Meet The Robinsons

I'm not sure how long this will last, but we'll see.  Things are definitely gonna get interesting around here as I anticipate significant whining.  However, I see this as being a good thing in the long run.  I figure this will give us a chance to try new things, get the creativity flowing in the kitchen, and help us get some healthier options on the table.   

Today is our first Monday, so I'm going to make it pretty easy. 

Breakfast-
Fruit and yogurt Smoothies with whole wheat toast

Lunch-
Veggies (cucumber, broccoli, celery, carrots, beets) and dip, cheese, and pickles.  Grilled cheese and veg with dip for the young mister.

Dinner- 3 Cheese Quesadillas (cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella), beans and rice, and Mexican Grilled Corn

I'm already excited, and I bet my family would be none the wiser if I didn't tell them we were missing our favorite form of protein...

No comments:

Post a Comment