Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Boring Chicken

No sooner had I mentioned the thought of summer weather, did I wake up to this. Rain. Rain. Rain. That's ok though, because it's still pretty warm, and at least it's cooling off the house from the 80 degrees it was yesterday. I planted some more seeds yesterday in the garden, and hadn't gotten around to watering them, so the benefits of the rain are twin fold.

Sunday evening my father-in-law came for a visit and dinner, so it was a perfect opportunity to make dinner! We had a fun visit, he brought my son a t-ball tee and a bucket full of wiffle balls (which has since become the new obsession). And dinner? Well... dinner was pretty lame. I made Big, Thick, Hearty Thighs... (#50 from Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats cookbook). It was basically stewed chicken with some potatoes and peas. Stewed chicken is fine if you have it in a soup or if you are adding it to a casserole. But stewed chicken on it's own is pretty boring. And this was no exception. I was complaining to my mom about this and she so wisely told me that they couldn't all be good, we were bound to find some stinkers. I guess she's right.

In fact I think the leftovers will end up in a soup, either lentil or chicken noodle... what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment