Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Day 17

I don't think I can tell you enough how much I love my slow-cooker.  It is truly an essential tool in my kitchen, and I would recommend it to anyone.  The prep, clean up, and effort for most slow-cooker meals is minimal and the final product tastes amazing.
Today's meal: 

there's no way to make this look pretty, but trust me... it's good!

Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Ingredients...
1 pound chicken breasts, cubed
3 cups chicken broth (plus extra)
3/4 cups water
1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
4 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
2 cloves minced garlic
1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
1 bay leaf
14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes

Directions...
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
Cook on low for 6 hours, adding more chicken broth as needed

No comments:

Post a Comment